Meridian Restoration, Inc., is seeking Superintendents in the Greater Atlanta, GA area. Superintendents work with District Managers and Project Managers to manage and coordinate activities pertaining to the construction of assigned properties in accordance with company policies, insurance company policies, and governmental regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with conducting property inspections, completing environmental and engineer reports, attaining all necessary permits and managing subcontractors.
- Ensures that all required insurance certificates and statutory worker’s compensation are in place on all subcontractors prior to commencing work.
- Purchase supplies and materials to complete project.
- Directs and motivates subcontractors in planning and executing work procedures.
- Interprets specifications and company policies to subordinates and/or subcontractors and enforces safety regulations. Analyzes and resolves work site problems, including complaints and grievances.
- Inspects property under construction on a regular basis to ensure the work conforms to specifications and schedule. Regularly communicates with the project team regarding property improvement status.
- Problem Solving/ Analysis.
- Basic Construction Knowledge.
- Time Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
This position manages all subcontractors on job sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position is often performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must also often lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and often requires longer hours and occasional weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Good customer service skills
Preferred Education and Experience
A minimum of 3 years of residential remodeling/restoration/construction experience in water restoration and handling of insurance claim related repairs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors and employees at all levels of the organization.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Must pass driving record, background, and drug screenings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Medical Insurance (after 60 days)
• Dental Insurance (after 60 days)
• Vision Insurance (after 60 days)
• Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
• 401k Savings Plan